✨ADDED SUGARS I LEAN TOWARDS✨
– Local honey: a sustainable option, love adding it to my hot tea/lemon water.
– 100% pure maple syrup: stir this into oatmeal, on pancakes or in baked goods.
– Coconut sugar: won’t make your blood sugar spike so I add it into my baked goods.
– Dates: contain fiber, add pitted dates to smoothies or enjoy it whole with peanut butter.
– Stevia: a zero calorie sweetener from plants. I use it occasionally in a matcha latte (but trying to use it very sparingly)
With that said, I made a batch of @rachaelsgoodeats GF + vegan CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES using maple syrup & zayyyyyym 🤤 🍪
1️⃣ Combine the 1/3C @abbysbetter protein almond butter (or any nut butter) + 1/4C melted coconut oil, melted + 3T maple syrup + 1T almond milk + 1 flax egg (1T ground flaxseeds + 3T water) + 1t vanilla in a bowl.
2️⃣ Combine 1 1/3C almond flour + 1/2t cinnamon + 1/4t baking soda +1/4t salt in a separate bowl.
3️⃣ Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet. Stir to combine.
4️⃣ I added 1/4C @enjoylifefoods soy free chocolate chips.
5️⃣ Baked at 325 for 12 mins.